Electrical equipment on Road Studs is of poor quality, particularly the ballast. The heat is severe, the insulation is readily damaged, and the Road Studs are live. As soon as pedestrians contact it, terrible things will happen.
The sensitivity of the Road Studs circuit breaker has not been examined, and a high rated tripping current has been used. Some people simply take short-circuit protection into account when choosing a circuit breaker, ignoring overload protection and short-circuit sensitivity testing of single-phase terminals. The Road Studs circuit breaker’s tripping current rating is excessive. No matter the type of load, Road Studs will pick 100A or even 150A. In the event of a significant ground short circuit current and cable heating, this frequently results in the Road Studs circuit breaker still not tripping and losing its functionality.